Airtel presently offers two types of DTH set top boxes. The first is an HD box or High-Definition box, and the second one is the Airtel Xstream box. The Airtel DTH HD box offers features like premium video quality, Dolby digital sound, record and play, anda large number of TV channels. The HD box can be installed in your home at just a one-time cost of Rs. 1000. However, for just Rs 500 extra, you get the Airtel Xstream box which comes with endless benefits like 500+ TV channels, 5000+ apps, many OTT applications, built-in Chromecast, and many more. Everything is in 4K picture quality. This makes it one of the biggest reasons why customers want to switch from the Airtel HD box to the Airtel Xstream box. If you’re also planning the same, then read this article. We are going to help you with a step-by-step guide that will help you upgrade your DTH TV connection easily.
Upgrade your Airtel HD box to an Airtel Xstream box
Now, you can do this via two methods.
Method 1: Using the official Airtel website
Step 1: Visit the official Airtel website.
Step 2: Now, click on DTH and from the drop-down menu, select ‘upgrade box’.
Step 3: After that, you can do two things. Either click on the ‘Click here’ option on the banner or scroll down and click on ‘Get Now’.
Step 4: By clicking on the ‘Click here’, it will take you to a new page. Now, enter your mobile number and OTP to upgrade your DTH box.
Step 5: By clicking on the ‘Click here’, it will take you to a page where you’ll require to enter necessary details like mobile number, and region and request a call from Airtel’s executive.
Method 2: By using Number
If you find the above-mentioned online process a bit difficult, you can use the traditional offline method. For that, you’ll be required to give Airtel a missed call at 88004-88001. Now, you can talk to the Airtel executive and request to upgrade your current DTH box.
Why Airtel Xstream box? There are many reasons to choose the Airtel Xstream box.
- The Xstream offers you access to Amazon Prime, Sony LIV and over ten more OTT applications.
- It offers Chromecast built-in to stream content from your phone, tablet or laptop to your TV.
- Not only this, it allows mobile gaming on TV with direct access to Google Play & Airtel Games.
- It even comes with a package of blockbuster movies and web shows across 13 languages built-in with the Airtel Xstream App. This means you can watch new Tamil movies in India, the recently launched Punjabi series and whatnot.
- Moreover, it also gives you access to over 5000 applications with the Google play store like music, content, music and much more.
Just like the HD box which promises to offer high picture quality, the Xstream box also offers 500+ TV channels in 4K resolution for realistic colours, vibrant images and appropriate clarity.