Free Computer Help
Answers to YOUR Computer Problems
Windows Fixes, Security, Tips and
You want computer help, preferably free help.
You have come to the right place. Here you will find
information, videos, tutorials and more. In text, video and
Perhaps you can identify with one or more of these common
- Your Windows XP computer used to run like a NASCAR
winner. Now it's a soapbox derby loser.
- A son or daughter goes off to college with a brand new
laptop. It barely boots upon return. Help!
- You have a sneaking suspicion that the neighbor is
looking through the files on your computer using
your wireless network.
- Windows XP just froze up again. How much data
did you lose this time? Is there a way to get it
- All this hype about Windows Vista. What is it and do I
need to upgrade?
This doesn't have to be you...
There is hope, and you have found it! The Free
Computer Consultant gives you the answers you
need, based upon hard-learned experience accumulated from years
of solving these and other computer problems for hundreds of
clients. This website contains free computer help, Windows
fixes, tips to make your computer more user friendly, free
utilities for common computer tasks, computer security help and
information, tutorials, videos and more!
What's The Catch?
There is no catch. I just want to make the computer answers,
help, tips and tutorials that I have accumulated available to
more computer users; and the internet is the way to do that.
It's the next best thing to cloning myself (without having
another mouth to feed!)
You won't find product pitches here, disguised as reviews. I
just tell you what to do to fix a problem -- if I use a
product, it's because I love it and it works for my clients. If
you don't want to fix it yourself, you'll know enough to talk
intelligently with a local (non-free) computer consultant.
By the way, let's get started with a few answers. In case
you're wondering, here is what's going on in the scenarios
- Reclaim the performance your computer had when it was
- Protect your computer from Viruses, Trojans, Spam, and
- Lock down your wireless network, keep others out
- Protect your identity online with Anonymous
- Learn about backing up so you don't have to worry about
losing your files, music or pictures again
You want to avoid disaster. Solve problems. This site is
written to make answers plain to the average person, not the
computer geek or Windows expert. If you are a geek and want
more detail there are some links for that, or contribute to my
blog and show off your knowledge. For everyone else I want to
make it easy for you to find the information and tools you need
to handle your computer issues..
Here are some other popular solutions you'll find:
- Cut through the hype and get clear recommendations if
you do need an upgrade or a new PC
- Safeguard your data with File Encryption
- Eliminate the confusion of Windows updates and Windows
And there's more. So much to do. Let's get